About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 2 very energetic but amazing kids, and a crafter after they are off to bed. That's my work over on the left, linked from my Etsy shop.

Friday, October 1, 2010

So this is a blog.... and now what?

So I, like thousands of other people in this new digital world, have decided to start a blog.

I am surprised at myself. Why? Because I didn't think blogging would be my thing. For one, I am not sure I can manage the word blogging- it is just a cumbersome word, and not a very pretty one at that. Aesthetics aside, though, I have never been good at keeping a journal, so I couldn't imagine that keeping a blog would be easier for me. But, we shall see, shan't we?

So, what are we planning to do here? I should state first off what this is not. This is not a book club, or a blog about books- well, I may talk about the latest read, if I find it captivating (or annoying) enough to warrant a mention.

So what's with the title, then? That is more of a personal reference than a suggestion of content. I am, in one capacity, a librarian. Went to liberry skool and everything! And I came out without a single pair of sensible shoes. But really, this blog is personal and selfish- it is a public statement of whatever thought comes to mind at that moment, whatever topic is of interest that day, and whatever curiosities I am pursuing. It is a promotion of my work (I, like thousands of others in this world, am an artiste of jewelry, trinkets, and various other kinds of baubles and accessories. you can find them listed in my Etsy shop- quirefly.etsy.com), of motherhood, and of the oddities of modern life. It is a discussion about art and artists (did I mention that I am an art historian as well??) and about crafts and beautiful (or not so beautiful) things.

So, we shall see where it takes us, and what kinds of interesting things we can find. And you are welcome to come along- I would love the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment